Information Updated 24/04/2017
Laverton to roadhouse OPEN. to ALL vehicles. Road in good condition but please drive to conditions. 40kms to the West of the roadhouse is a notoriously bad spot, take care. - Roadhouse to Warburton OPEN and in good condition.Roadworks some 80kms east of us-please drive slowly around these works. .......... Warburton to NT Border - open with care. .......... NT Border to Kata Tjuta, check NT road conditions website.
Temperatures cooling down. Cloudy and some drizzle
Our current fuel prices are as follows:
- Diesel - $2.00 per litre
- Opal* - $2.00 per litre
* Opal is replacement for unleaded petrol. Read more about Opal fuel by clicking here
To enter the Ngaanyatjarra Lands visitors require an entry permit. It is also necessary to have a transit permit when travelling through the Lands by road.
The application process is simple and free. You can download a permit information and application pack (PDF format) by clicking here
Welcome to Tjukayirla Roadhouse
The Tjukayirla Roadhouse is located deep within the Great Victoria Desert on the Great
We are extremely pleased to offer travellers to this unique part of Australia a wide range of products and services.
Adrian and Sandy look forward to welcoming all intrepid travellers bold enough to journey across the The Great Central Road (GCR) - looking to explore what is a “bucket list”
trip for many.
The longest shortcut in Australia is the “Outback Way”, a shortcut from Winton, Qld to Laverton, WA. Tjukayirla Roadhouse is located 300kms EAST of Laverton and is a welcome respite for weary travellers.
Stop in just to say g’day, have a look at the wonderful collection of photos on the walls or to sample some of the roadhouse tucker (not to mention the best burgers in all of WA – and maybe the world!)
Or, even better still, pull up and stay for the night. There is nothing quite like a cold beer or a refreshing glass of wine at the end of a dusty day, sitting around a campfire and gazing up at the most amazing displays of stars. Don’t forget to BYO!
We, the managers and staff of Tjukayirla Roadhouse, are committed to providing the best service, the cleanest facilities, and the most AWESOME food on the whole of the GCR.
We promise you won’t be disappointed!
The Roadhouse is pleased to offer the following services:
- Diesel and Opal* fuel
(* Opal is a replacement for unleaded petrol. Read more about Opal fuel by clicking here)
- A range of accommodation options to suit everyone from the budget back-packer to the discerning. Click here to learn more about our accommodation options.
- A well stocked store offering basic food and personal items.
- Full roadhouse takeaway menu including burgers, hot chips, toasted sandwiches, fish & chips and much more. We cook 7 days a week
from Opening to 30 minutes before close – food is tasty, fresh and prepared to order.
Have you tried the famous Tjuka Burger yet?
- Self Service tyre changing equipment and air compressor (no gauge).
- 24 hour power provided by Genset.
- An after-hours, for fuel only service from close until 7pm - $20 opening fee. No early opening, sorry!
- Very reasonably priced camping facilities.
Regular Trading Hours
- Monday to Friday - 8:00am to 5:00pm (WST)
- Saturday and Sunday - 9:00am to 3:00pm (WST)
- Public Holidays - 9:00am to 12:00 noon (WST)*
* Please note that none of the roadhouses across the Great Central Rd are open in the evenings. We advise checking the opening hours of each roadhouse prior to travel, especially if travelling on a public holiday.
2017 Public Holiday Hours
- Christmas Day 25/12/2017 - Closed – No after hours
- Boxing Day 26/12/2017 – Closed – No after hours
- New Years Day 01/01/2018 - 9am to 12 noon
- Anzac Day - 9am to 12 noon
- After hours fee is $20 per car (fuel only)
- Good Friday CLOSED - No After Hours Service