Information Updated 20/07/2016
Laverton to roadhouse - Open and in excellent condition. Take care through roadworks that start 50km East of Laverton - Roadhouse to Warburton Open and in excellent condition .......... Roadhouse to NT Border - open with care. check NT road conditions website. .......... NT Border to Kata Tjuta, check NT road conditions website.
Sunny 7 - 26
Our current fuel prices are as follows:
- Diesel - $2.00 per litre
- Opal* - $2.10 per litre
* Opal is replacement for unleaded petrol. Read more about Opal fuel by clicking here
To enter the Ngaanyatjarra Lands visitors require an entry permit. It is also necessary to have a transit permit when travelling through the Lands by road.
The application process is simple and free. You can download a permit information and application pack (PDF format) by clicking here
NEW! - Message Board
Have you got a question or a comment about The Tjukayirla Roadhouse? Why not leave a message on our brand new message board? We'd love to hear what you thought of your visit with us.
Welcome to Tjukayirla Roadhouse
The Tjukayirla Roadhouse is located deep within the Great Victoria Desert on the Great
We are extremely pleased to offer travellers to this unique part of Australia a wide range of products and services.
Alan and Serena look forward to welcoming all intrepid travellers bold enough to journey across the The Great Central Road (GCR) - looking to explore what is a “bucket list”
trip for many.
The longest shortcut in Australia is the “Outback Way”, a shortcut from Winton, Qld to Laverton, WA. Tjukayirla Roadhouse is located 300kms EAST of Laverton and is a welcome respite for weary travellers.
Stop in just to say g’day, have a look at the wonderful collection of photos on the walls or to sample some of the roadhouse tucker (not to mention the best burgers in all of WA – and maybe the world!)
Or, even better still, pull up and stay for the night. There is nothing quite like a cold beer or a refreshing glass of wine at the end of a dusty day, sitting around a campfire and gazing up at the most amazing displays of stars. Don’t forget to BYO! And if you feel like company around your camp fire, Alan and Serena are always up for sharing a glass and a yarn or two.
We, the managers and staff of Tjukayirla Roadhouse, are committed to providing the best service, the cleanest facilities, and the most AWESOME food on the whole of the GCR. It’s only stop along the whole
highway where you can get a frothy cappuccino and a piece of home made cake.
We promise you won’t be disappointed!
The Roadhouse is pleased to offer the following services:
- Diesel and Opal* fuel
(* Opal is a replacement for unleaded petrol. Read more about Opal fuel by clicking here)
- A range of accommodation options to suit everyone from the budget back-packer to the discerning. Click here to learn more about our accommodation options.
- Room service evening meals are available (24 hours notice required)
- A well stocked store offering basic food and personal items.
- Full roadhouse takeaway menu including burgers, hot chips, toasted sandwiches, fish & chips and much more. We cook 7 days a week from Opening to 30 minutes before close – food
is tasty, fresh and prepared to order.
Have you tried the famous Tjuka Burger yet?
- Tyre repairs and new and used tyres for sale offered on site (subject to availability of staff) We advise travellers to carry at least two sets of spares in case our tyre fitter is away from the site.
- 24 hour power provided by Genset.
- An after-hours fuel service from close until 8pm - $20 opening fee.
- Very reasonably priced camping facilities.
Regular Trading Hours
- Monday to Friday - 8:00am to 5:00pm (WST)
- Saturday and Sunday - 9:00am to 3:00pm (WST)
- Public Holidays - 9:00am to 12:00 noon (WST)*
* Please note that we are not open 365 days a year. We are closed 1 day per quarter for stock-take and some public holidays. We advise contacting the roadhouse and speaking to Alan or Serena prior to travel to confirm roadhouse opening times for your dates.
2016 Public Holiday Hours
- Christmas Day 25/12/2016 - Closed
- Boxing Day 26/12/2016 – 9am-3pm FOR FUEL ONLY
- New Years Day 01/01/2017 - 9am to 3pm FOR FUEL ONLY
- Anzac Day
- After Hours Call-Out Fee for Fuel on these days will apply